Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,699   Online: 898

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Pepper? Just kidding.. I for one will be following this thread, I like MDX but wish I could get back that extra stop.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RidingWaves View Post
    Pepper? Just kidding.. I for one will be following this thread, I like MDX but wish I could get back that extra stop.
    You can get back that stop by diluting 1+3, but you will lose some of the fine-grain effect.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hoskinson View Post
    Keith, FYI: bis(4-hydroxy-N-methylanilinium) sulphate (from the Microdol-X MSDS) is a synonym for Metol
    Tom, yes I am aware of that. In another thread, it is mentioned that Kodak `Elon` is the acid salt of Metol, hence the `Bis`.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jim appleyard View Post
    A&T in "The FDC" say that MX has the addition of a "weak anti-silvering agent". Benzophenone is their guess.

Apparently, salt was already in the original Microdol.

Perhaps only your local PE knows for sure.
    Jim, I should have read this post before sending my first post, sorry for that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tapscott. View Post
    Regarding the effects of Sodium Chloride on a Metol -sodium sulfite developing solution of low activity: See Grant Haist pages 378 and 379 of Modern Photographic Processing, Volume 1.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tapscott. View Post
    No problem!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin