Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,530   Posts: 1,572,459   Online: 1046

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format

ilford fp4+ problem simon? anyone?

I purchased 8 boxes of fp4+ 8x10 recently - the marking on the box I am currently using is CAT 167 8325 36AFM1C03/01-1 expiration is SEP 2010.
    The film has a straight line marking along the 8" side running parallel to the edge with the notch code - about 1-3/4" from the edge - all the way across the film - I took an unexposed sheet out of the box and you can see it clearly, so it came from Ilford that way- it's a dark line approx 1-2mm wide - fairly sharp but not perfectly sharp - although much fainter, it can still be clearly seen after exposure and development and fortunately I can't detect it when I print it. Any reported or known problems with fp4+ 8x10? Anyone else experience this?
    Tim Jones
    Climbabout

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Tim, I had a problem with 11x14 fp4+ that was cut to big for my holders. No problem getting my other film to fit. I was basically told I would have to cut it down.My holder was the problem??? With your problem it sounds to me that it is a factory defect and should be replaced. With the cost of Ilford film in 8x10 I would expect this to be an automatic. Keep us posted.

Jim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Tim,

Thanks for your note and e.mail :

It is being returned to HARMAN for examination and testing:

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    8x10 Format

THANKS

Thanks Simon - I got your email reply as well - let me know where and how to send the film back. Ilford seems like a good company to deal with.
    Tim

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Ilford is a great company to deal with - a happy ending!

As can see from the beginning of this thread, I had a problem with a batch of 8x10 fp4+. I'd like everyone here to know that I returned a sample to Ilford, and without hesitation and delay, they acknowledged the problem and replaced the film - I received it today. They kept in constant contact every step of the way. Thanks to Simon, Sue and Rod from Ilford! I'm glad to say I'm one of your customers. It's refreshing to be treated so well by a big company. Many thanks again.
    Tim Jones

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Tim, that is nice to hear that they would do that with a standard film size like 8x10. Try it with 11x14 and see what happens! I was told to cut it down rather than Ilford replacing it. My film is a 1/16" to wide for my holders. Efke and Foma fit fine? I'm glad that they took care of your problem. I do not want to take the chance with Ilford's 11x14 film again. Don't get me wrong I love the FP4+ and HP5. I shoot their 8x10 films and have never had a problem. Just no more 11x14.

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Whilst there is an ANSI standard for 11x14 cut film, it is well known that holders from different manufacturers often do not comply, especially older ones.

If you send the film back to Ilford and they find that it *has* been cut to the wrong dimensions, I am quite certain that they will replace it. If they find it is cut to ANSI standard then the problem would lie with the non-ANSI compliant holders.

Have you sent the film back for checking?

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Bob, Simon pm'd me and told me I would have to cut the film. I have asked other photographers that have FP4+ in 11x14 and their film is smaller than mine? My understanding is that I will have to cut the film. It is a pain, but so be it!

Jim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Jim,

I really do not believe the size can be different, because it is all cut from the same cutter guides and from memory was within tolerance, if its out of tolerance we would raplace without question :

PM me your address and I will send a sheet of the new production of 11 x 14, if its different I will replace your ( existing ) product FOC.

Regards

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Simon, thank you . That is very nice of you to do that. I will PM my address to. Thanks very much.

Jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin