Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,889   Posts: 1,520,822   Online: 1166

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

WHOLE LOTTA NOTHING GOING ON...(Rodinal).

Since returning to Rodinal as my main developer, I have learnt here on APUG just how to get the best out of this venerable and time tested brew. It still seems odd to just sit and do nothing for such a long time compared to other developers.. But thats it in essence, the less effort you expend in shaking the tank, the more you are rewarded with quality negatives. I have just developed another roll of Neopan 400 and as it is drying it just begs to be printed...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I am leaning towards the "rattle in 1:50 for say, 12 minutes" school myself. But I am a bit more impatient to see the results, maybe.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    12 minutes is enough for me.. 12 minutes on the nail in fact !!!!! I just agitate less
    Last edited by John Bragg; 06-11-2008 at 06:24 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ahh Yes Neopan 400 in 1/50 soup for 12min. Must be a classic combo by now. Do you agitate every 3 or 5 minutes? I do ten secs every 3 minutes.
    Kind regards
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Hi, Soren.

I do 15 seconds initial agitation to start things off, then 2 inversions at 4 minutes and 2 again at 8 minutes. (Pesonal Ei of 200). total time 12 minutes.

Regards John.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bragg View Post
    Since returning to Rodinal as my main developer, I have learnt here on APUG just how to get the best out of this venerable and time tested brew. It still seems odd to just sit and do nothing for such a long time compared to other developers.. But thats it in essence, the less effort you expend in shaking the tank, the more you are rewarded with quality negatives. I have just developed another roll of Neopan 400 and as it is drying it just begs to be printed...
    I used 1:100 for an hour once and what was enough for me. I need more to do. I'm always 1:50 for 10min, (after 1 min agitation, then the standard 5sec every 30sec) and prints great on Fomatone with about M33-M35. in LPD 1:7.
    If the lens doesn't read "ZEISS", then it just isn't.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin