Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,411   Online: 886

Shooter
    Medium Format

Moersch SE1 Sepia developer

Has anyone any experiences with SE1 sepia developer? I'm using Forte PWT paper in either Agfa Neutol WA or Ilford WT with nice results, but would like a stronger sepia tone.

Using bleach/ sepia toner on the Forte paper produces awful sickly results looking like something out of The Waltons.

Is SE1 used a a straight developer as an alternative to Agfa WA...is it any warmer?

Or does the combined weak selenium tone with SE1 produce the stronger sepia look I'm probably looking for?

Thanks

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I don't believe that the SE1 is warmer than Neutol WA, maybe a little less greenish. I would call the tone cool brown.
    A toning with weak selenium cools down the colour even more.
    Bleach and sulphur (thiurea too) yields with chloride-papers an unsightly yellow colour. This also can appear with direct sodium sulphide or polysulphide toning. It depends also on the used developer. Polysulphide toners work in very high dilution, therefore still during the wash. You can avoid this with a 10% solution of sodium sulfite as toner-stopbath.

for example: PW14 in SE1 sepia - Toner MT4 Siena (Polysulphide+Selenium) 1+20 30sec - stopped in sulfite.

http://www.moersch-photochemie.com/b...tonung&bild=18

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the link, I believe changing paper to Ilford WT to achieve the results on the top right is what I'm aiming for..thanks
    http://www.moersch-photochemie.com/b...=tonung&bild=2

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin