Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,155   Online: 1041

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Well, glad you liked it. I started doing that after the reports of failure started to come out. I've always used the 5 litre packages, so it seems I've never been at risk. But is seems like a quick and easy thing to do, so better safe than sorry...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Oh sorry, I was tired and forget what I was rambling on about. It took a few years but now I actually have Trust that the Xtol will work as expected, no test snip needed. I know its a 'leap' but after the mixing refinements and the obvious improvements in packaging and several years of use, hey, I just use it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Trask View Post
    One alternative might be Foma's "Excel" developer, available from Freestyle (though I just bought my own packet in Prague at just about what Freestyle charges). Excel is supposed to be an Xtol clone, but comes in 1 liter packaging.
    I will look into that. This is the first time I've heard of Excel.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have been using XTOL since it came out and have never had any problems. Over a recent move when every thing was packed away for 2 years a full 2 litre bottle of stock XTOL worked fine and I went on to use it over a further 4 month period without any problems. Mind having said that I certainly wouldn't recommend using XTOL if it has turned a funny colour.

Cheers, Neil.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin