Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,808   Online: 1027

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

TXP in HC-110 Semi Stand

My first effort was dilution 'D' for 30mins 10sec of aggitation every 5 mins and the negs look great. The fim was rated at 320. I'll post scans tomorrow when the film is dry.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What beer were you drinking ? THAT is the important thing !
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by df cardwell View Post
    What beer were you drinking ? THAT is the important thing !
    In some people beer decreases agitation, but in others it appears to increase agitation. Any experience with the effects differing by brand or quantity?

John, were you going after reduced gamma, or trying for the other effects of semi-stand? You prompted me look up AA's TXP in dilute HC-110 trials in The Negative to see how your test differed. His was 1:120 from syrup for 18-20 minutes, agitation of 15 seconds every 3 or 4 minutes. Yours is 1:39 from syrup. Look forward to your results.

Lee
    Last edited by Lee L; 06-21-2008 at 09:35 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don, I wasn't drinking any beer.

Lee, I'm after box speed or better and a normal contrast neg. This roll was the old txp and has some base fog. I'm souping another roll this time the newish txp @ dilution F, agitated for 10 seconds every 5 mins for 35 mins.

I'm still experimenting and was very happy with my initial results.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jd callow View Post
    Lee, I'm after box speed or better and a normal contrast neg. This roll was the old txp and has some base fog. I'm souping another roll this time the newish txp @ dilution F, agitated for 10 seconds every 5 mins for 35 mins.

I'm still experimenting and was very happy with my initial results.
    Thanks. Looking forward to the results myself. I don't use HC-110 a lot since VP went away, but I always have some on hand. Started testing it at higher dilution with very early TMX, but moved and didn't follow through.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It may be the the fudge facter for stand dev is really wide and that I simply am looking for a neg that I like and am easy to please, but dilution F @ 35min w/ agitation 10sec every 5mins look excellent.

I'm doing one more at the same to see what it looks like -- and it looks great! The first couple frames are of a beach and look kind of Schwabesq.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jd callow View Post
    I'm doing one more at the same to see what it looks like -- and it looks great! The first couple frames are of a beach and look kind of Schwabesq.
    Ahhh! In that case, I'd suggest a nice Schwäbische Weizen, undiluted.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Okay, I did a final batch of 4 120 rolls at 35min/agitation every 5 min for 10 seconds using dilution F. The negs look really good. I'm very pleased that my first two attempts at these times and dilutions were a success. I'll scan a couple frames later and post here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The only truth in photography is that we have to make the right negative for our needs.

Looking forward to the pictures.

d
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I am looking forward to using HC-110 with TXP for the first time so I am pretty eager to see the results too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin