Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,043   Online: 889

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good call son o sand
    10 mins was the winner 11 would probably work as well. The negs had really nice tonality, fairly normal contrast, and tight grain. This presents a bit of a problem as I was hoping for grittier/grainier neg and longer development times. My ultimate goal was to pull the film as much as I could (3 or 4 stops?) with matched development so I'd wind up with very flat, very grainy negs.

I think I'll try 1:19 dilution...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok after further testing 20mins at 1:19 was good for box speed. I suspect that I could get far better than box speed with this dev. I just finished a 2 stop pull film rated @100, dev for 12mins semi stand. the grain looks tight the negs look really punchy -- shot at dusk so they should have punch -- all in all really good, but not what I'm after. This semi stand thing is the shit especially for the lazy, but in this instance I want grain, big articulate grain -- I guess dektol's grain is one of those internet myths...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    JD- if you want grain from Dektol, you need to use it concentrated, not dilute. Try 1:3, for maybe 3 mins or so. That's what I used to use on Tmax 3200, rated at 1000.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    1:3 would produce far too short a develoment time for what I'm trying to do... Thanx though

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I figured as much, since you were talking about controlling highlights with semi-stand. Dektol will produce grain - but it must be concentrated, which yields SHORT development times. It's like Rodinal that way- strong concentration=grain the size of baseballs, but almost uncontrollable dev times.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin