Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,904   Posts: 1,521,234   Online: 1090

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert

The water that first comes out of the tap will be warmer and after that does the wash temp really matter that much?

I can not quote the studies but it is believed that the colder the wash water is the less effective the wash is and the greater need for the time to be extended. For me here in the HOTLAND (Texas) that is not an issue.

lee\c

RAP

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    That is certainly true. Water is the universal solvent, meaning more substances are dissolved in water then any other liquid.

Consider that most photo chemicals are dissolved in temps of 80F to 110F, warmer wash waters would be more effecient. But you still have to consider the effects of too warm water on the paper, it may not be the best course.
    Time & tides wait for no one, especially photographers.

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    In my case the water is about 85f right now at the tap. I don't think I will harm my prints or my film washing in that temp water. That said I process at 75f in the summer to protect against reticulation of film. I don't think that washing above about 90f is wise.

lee\c

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin