Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,436   Online: 1006

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

...that not only is it near impossible to keep solutions at 20 celsius, but I could do color processing at room temperature!...

God it's hot...

Joel,
    yeah, I understand Europe has had quite a summer. For business, I talk regularly to people in London. I understand it hit 96F with very high humidity the other day. Hang in there; it will make the fall all the nicer!
    Tom

Believe it or not, it's actually 102F (39C) right now and we hit 106F(41C) last week. Espana had it worse, they reached 113F(45C).

Crazy!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Actually Aggie, it was cool yesterday. It was very coludy and then it rained for an hour or two. Ran us indoors for the rest of the day. The Mexicans we have working with us were cold at lunch and ordered coffee to warm them up. Usually I buy several bags of ice and several liters of coke. Nada yesterday. Today it is gonna be warm, however, I am gonna go now to the darkroom and process 8x10 film. We have it air condentioner there.

lee\c

LOL! We have that here every year but this year we hit over 100F 21 times, 18 in July wherein we were over 105 for something like 15 of the 18. Granted the humidity is between 15 and 20%, so yours is definitely more unbearable than ours. But seriously I have been having to work 3am to 9am to get the printing/processing done before the room temp exceeds 95F in a cement industrial bldg. Sun heats it up fast. Then stay all day for customers. It has been character building to say the least. In the afternoons, I have not been above stacking some towels as a pillow and napping under the AC vents. :grin: My sympathies are with you!
    Embrace **it! **it. . .just another name for fertilizer. . . Grow baby Grow!

Shooter
    35mm
    Let's complain together:
    It's cold outside, 5 deg C...

(-:

Jorge O

Shooter
    Large Format
    You get no sympathy from me, you live in Paris you deserve little bit of suffering......:P

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was trying to process a B&W at 24°C in my ATL, but the machine was not able to cool down automatically ("cold" water was actually 25°C and room temperature somewhere near 30°C). I used to throw some ice into the water bath in this case, but my ice machine has quit. Why do ice machines always fail in summer? Ah, ok, in winter it's the turn of the heating...

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    You get no sympathy from me, you live in Paris you deserve little bit of suffering......:P
    I will get back to my homeland, Canada, next month, just in time to catch the whole winter and suffer at the other end of the thermometer

Funny thing is, I'm kinda looking forward to minus 20 celsius right now.

I wonder how I will wash my film in cold weather. I am lucky here, tap water is always between 19 and 21 celsius, but in Canada during winter, I'm pretty sure it gets down around 10 celsius. How do you guys do it? (those who live up north, of course )

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin