Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,353   Online: 819

Thread: % Solution

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The formula I have for Mytol (Xtol substitute) calls for 0.15 grams of Phenodine. My balance is not that accurate.

How do you make a per-cent solution that would put 0.15 grams into the brew?

Thank you for any suggestions,

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Have a look in The Darkroom Cookbook (steve anchell) p28:

water at 125f/52c 750 ml

Sodium bisulfite 6g

Phenidone 2g

Cold water to make 1000ml

100 ml of concentrate contains 0.2g of Phenidone . I've used this formula and it works a treat. Keeping qualities reasonable as long as you keep it cool (& try Tetenal Protectan spray)

BD

Shooter
    35mm
    Pat Gainer, of vit C fame, recommends solving it in pure isopropyl alcohol (1g/100cc alcohol) - no scent, colors, etc.
    I use it, don't know how long it lasts, but it works fine.

In the long past I've used it with bisulphite - but I honestly do not remember how long it lasted...

Jorge O

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce (Camclicker)
    The formula I have for Mytol (Xtol substitute) calls for 0.15 grams of Phenodine. My balance is not that accurate.

How do you make a per-cent solution that would put 0.15 grams into the brew?

Thank you for any suggestions,
    So how accurate is it? Let say you decide that you can measure 2 grams easily. Dissolve the 2grams into for example 100ml of water. You now know that 100ml of this solution would give you 2grams. 50 ml would give you 1gram. 10ml would be 0.2 grams. 7.5ml would be 0.15 grams.

Now you can do the same thing with any amounts that are convient.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin