Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,518   Online: 1019

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is for Rodinal? I understand today's commercial Rodinal may be different from the original formula, but I may give it a try.

I guess that means 3 drops of KBr per ounce of mixed solution - not per ounce of Rodinal?
    juan

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    As far as promoting the creative process and utilizing some "effect" using film dev instead paper dev, explain to me why I would want to do this?
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EricR
    As far as promoting the creative process and utilizing some "effect" using film dev instead paper dev, explain to me why I would want to do this?
    Good question! Fond as I am of experimenting, I see no reason to do this? The other way around - yes...

Next time I fell really adventurous I'll try Dr. Vogel's Acidic Iron Blue Developer. That's exitement and uncertainty enough for me .
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Eric:

It's done for the same reason that some people like to go scuba diving with helium in their tanks instead of oxygen. It just gives them a different diving experience.

Man, you are sooo set in your ways.

Michael McBlane

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Oh, easy. Because ... uh ... that is .... Well, I.....

Why do I do any of this?

Same reason, whatever it is.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The reason people use helium is so they can do deep dives to 250 feet plus and not experience the toxic effects of O2 at that depth. Also at shallower depths say around 180 feet helium is great because you do not experience the narcotic effect O2 gives you at that depth. Something that is kind of important if you are working at depths.

It's part of using the right tool for the job. All I am wondering is when using film developer for paper is using the "right" tool.

Hey I'm a crankie old bastard and proud of it, damit! Just ask Aggie.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The reason people use helium is so they can do deep dives to 250 feet plus and not experience the toxic effects of O2 at that depth. Also at shallower depths say around 180 feet helium is great because you do not experience the narcotic effect O2 gives you at that depth. Something that is kind of important if you are working at depths.
    Hah!! My chance to jump on someone for an obvious error.

O2 is narcotic at .... ? Maybe so, but I don't think it would be a good idea to replace ALL of it with helium. Replacing the avaliable nitrogen (N) with helium (He) - and leaving the oxygen alone might work well.

Where are the smilies ... got 'em ... :P
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My main reason for doing this is to see what happens. I have no practical reason for wanting to do this, but then I have no practical reason for doing anything in photography since it is not my profession. But then again, I've never been accused of being practical

Eric:

I was just trying lamely to make a joke. I honestly didn't know that people used helium for diving. I thought it was only used for filling balloons and talking like chipmunks. I thought if you used helium to dive you would die and float quickly to the top. (not good).

But you are still sooo set in your ways.

Michael McBlane

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin