Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,228   Online: 889

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

After a taste of California hospitality they could never go back home again.

What's that song again, "how can you send them back to the farm after they've seen gay"..... whoops.

You show them the Bay Area, I'll get them drunk in wino country.

Michael McBlane

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Ha Ha. Yes I am taking all of this in the light it was intended. And Ed you are STILL wrong. Ha. You can dive with 100% helium but it is darn expensive. At greater depths you have to replace all of the O2 or as much as you can afford (lots of calculations going on here) as O2 is toxic. If you were to dive with 100% O2 you would go into convulsions at anywhere from 18 to 27 feet. It's all about partial pressures and all kinds of other voodoo.

And you thought mixing pyro was complicated.

But hey if anyone in California wants to adopt me that would be great. But none of this get me drunk and leave me in the Bay area stuff ok. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

It's so darn smoky up here right now from all the forest fires my lungs are in training for LA air.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EricR
    You can dive with 100% helium but it is darn expensive. At greater depths you have to replace all of the O2 or as much as you can afford (lots of calculations going on here) as O2 is toxic. If you were to dive with 100% O2 you would go into convulsions at anywhere from 18 to 27 feet. It's all about partial pressures and all kinds of other voodoo.
    I never suggested 100% Oxygen.

Are you serious ... Man can exist, breathing 100% helium, with *NO* oxygen?

What about the space program ... where the atmosphere may well be 100% oxygen... at a much reduced pressure? OIr are you relating to *much* increased pressures as would be found in diving?
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    Michael, we need to import Eric for a while. I think Cailfornia could loosen him up. We can throw in an Import visa for Ed too, since MA. is like a foregin country. I would gladly take street shots if those two would enter the bay to breakers race.
    Bay to Breakers - I've heard abut that race!

I understand that some of the runners wear costumes - that "themes" are common - along with a significant number who DO NOT wear costumes - of any kind.

What about an APUG entry ... We can have a contigent of APUG members representing photographers (possibly someone disguised as an 8"x10" View Camera?) and some of our female members disguised (or maybe ... "undisguised...) as nude models.

I'm sure that Aggie, having suggested this in the first place, would volunteer.

Let's vote on this ... All in favor of Aggies suggestion, and her involvement, say "Aye". :roll:
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Right, get your leather chaps and nipple clamps out of storage.

San Francisco at it finest. But don't get me wrong, as Eric said, there's nothing wrong with that.

Michael McBlane

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just wanted to let eveyone know that I tried it last night (not the leather chaps and nipple clamps) and it worked pretty good. It did take about 15 min for it to develop, but it also already had 4 sheets of 8x10 film through it too. I exposed AZO grade 2 for 2 seconds and then developed in partially used Rodinal 1:25. Since I was using hangers for the film, I loaded the AZO into a film hanger and processed that way-which I don't think I would want to do again-but I didn't want to have to set everything up just to run 1 sheet of paper. Anyway, I would say that the experiment was a sucess. Very sharp print, with very black blacks, not the blue tint that you get with some paper developers and AZO. I think I would try it again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

From my old "The Manual of Photography" (formerly "The Ilford Manual of Photography")...

ID-36 MQ universal developer for films and papers:

3g metol

50g sodium sulfite

12.5g hydroquinone

72g sodium carbonate

0.75g potassium bromide

1 liter water to make

For films:

Dish - Dilute 1:3 with water.
    Tank - Dilute 1:7

For contact paper:
    Dilute 1:1

For enlarging papers:
    Dilute 1:3

And ID-62 PQ universal developer:

50g sodium sulfite

60g sodium carbonate

12g hydroquinone

0.5g phenidone

2g potassium bromide

20ml IBT restrainer

1 liter water to make

Same dilutions as for the MQ developer. The Manual suggests some times for this developer, which may apply to the MQ version as well: 75 seconds to 3-3/4 minutes at 1:3 for dish development; 3-7.5 minutes at 1:7 for tank development.

Judging from the ingredients listed for various other traditional Ilford developers and recalling a bit about the then-available films, these universal developers would probably deliver acceptable results with slower, finer grain films using more traditional emulsions such as Plus-X, FP4+, Efke, Foma and similar films.

Also, what distinguishes most traditional paper developers from most traditional film developers in this manual is the addition of sodium carbonate and potassium bromide to the paper developers (or to film developers intended for high acutance, high contrast, or other specialty purposes).
    Three degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin