Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,979   Posts: 1,523,703   Online: 1123

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by IloveTLRs View Post
    I just picked up a roll of this today because it looked interesting. Google brought me here.

It's ASA 6??? :o:o

Does anyone know development times for D-76, HC-110 or Super-Prodol?
    Looks like it's document copy microfilm. I've used some but not this one. By itself they have extreme contrast and very high dmax.

In D76 you'd probably get black shadows, white highlits and little in between. I don't know HC and super prodol but I suppose they are fairly standard developers like D76 while this film needs very compensating developer like Rodinal 1+200. Even using that it still is very contrasty. You might search for ways of developing Tech Pan.

It doesn't really have ISO/ASA. Because of high contrast EI is very dependent on what you shot, what results you want and development. You might need quite a lot of testing.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Well, it says ISO 6 on the box and I did not do any testing, the original post was my first ever roll. Of course, feel free to test to your heart's content if you feel so inclined...

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk-san View Post
    Well, it says ISO 6 on the box and I did not do any testing, the original post was my first ever roll. Of course, feel free to test to your heart's content if you feel so inclined...
    Uh, my mistake. Microfilms usually don't have iso rating and I assumed it is a micro. I've used some of them and they needed testing and give similiar results.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the advice Domin and Dirk-san. I'm keeping it in the freezer for the time being.

Shooter
    35mm
    The name and look sounds like Fuji's Microfilm. Simalar to Copex in the Agfa (industrial) line, and the imagecaptue line form Kodak. Bluefire and ADOX.DE both have a developer for full range tones for that class of film. In normal deleloper, it will have VERY narrow range of grey as it is intended to make legible copies of old files.
    (one of my old jobs was shooting a few hundred feet a day of microfilm to replace crumbling paper files.)

CuS

Shooter
    35mm
    This combo has worked for me. You can see a
    couple of scans at www.flickr.com/colusite.

Quote Originally Posted by cmacd123 View Post
    The name and look sounds like Fuji's Microfilm. Simalar to Copex in the Agfa (industrial) line, and the imagecaptue line form Kodak. Bluefire and ADOX.DE both have a developer for full range tones for that class of film. In normal deleloper, it will have VERY narrow range of grey as it is intended to make legible copies of old files.
    (one of my old jobs was shooting a few hundred feet a day of microfilm to replace crumbling paper files.)

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CuS View Post
    Good job! Almost looks too conventional now

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CuS View Post
    When it comes to agitation, can you provide us with some more details please? The pictures look great!
    - You will develop when you become an analog photographer / Exposed Material / Monochromes

CuS

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by abeku View Post
    When it comes to agitation, can you provide us with some more details please? The pictures look great!
    I presoak for 2 min add the dev and agitate gently for the first 30 sec. I then let the tank stand in a basin of 20c water for 60 min, giving it one gentle turn at the mid point. Then just fix, wash and viola!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Has anyone found a U.S. retailer for Minicopy, or is importing from Japan the only option?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin