Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,962   Posts: 1,523,139   Online: 982

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You don't see how else it can be interpreted? How about the way I meant it, which is pretty clear, especially coming after the paragraphs that preceded it, and given the title of the original post:

I would think long and hard about *why* you need to develop while on a photo trip before thinking any more about *how* you are going to develop while on a photo trip.

*why* and *how* referred to the OP's original subject of developing on the road, not to his photography in general. Seemed pretty clear to me, and a lot more succinct and less redundant and confusing than the way I wrote it above.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 07-02-2008 at 09:01 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Fair enough, I may have jumped to my conclusion. I didnt mean to start a fight. However, your post was unclear and it is very easy to misinterpret on-line postings. When you say things like "you should just know whether you got the shot", "you have no reason to not know", and end your post with a non-specific "why", your aggressive tone confuses your intended meaning. My initial response was also too aggressive in tone and I apologize.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    oh, please...
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I did this on the road once...it's a lot of stuff to take, but do-able. Get a couple of nice plastic crates to carry the liquids and gear. I prefer using either HC110 or Rodinal...for the bottle size. A small bottle of concentrated fix, no stop, a bottle of HCA, and photoflo. Either take some dental floss or an expandable portable laundry line, and a bunch of butterfly clips to hang dry your film in the bathtub (or you can buy one of those plastic lingerie dryers...it has a hanger from which is suspended a hoop with clips...best found in Japanese stores). You can locally source distilled water. Don't forget to take some neg. sleeves to put this in after it all dries. Have fun!
    Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    "* Take black plastic bags (huge trashcan sized) and blue tape to block out windows for changing."

Black trash can bags will not block light. I once had a student who built a darkroom n her home and could not understand why her film and paper were always fogged. I took a look and found that I could almost read a newspaper in the darkroom which had these bags over the window.
    6 mil black plastic sheeting from the hardware store is as opaqe as it gets. This stuff is twice as thick as trash bags which do pass light.
    Frank Schifano

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin