Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,969   Posts: 1,558,526   Online: 1054

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Agfa Neutol WA:Concentrate>1:3 stock>1:11 working?

This may have been answered, sort of, on other threads but I'm still not clear.
    Is the Neutol WA concentrate mixed to 1:3 for a stock solution and then to 1:11 for a working solution? I know, I know - why don't I try it both ways and see what results I get. The product literature suggests the above but the bottle instructions say to mix the concentrate out of the bottle to 1:11 or 1:7 or 1:15 for working solutions. No mention of 1:3 for stock first. Does anyone know for sure or am I going to have to experiment myself. I will anyway but thought I'd post this inquiry to see what I get.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I used it I never did a 1+3 stock.
    Standard dilution is 1+7. The more diluted the warmer the print will be.
    G.

nze
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    and the longer the development or the exposure.
    Short development create finer grain ( warmer) so to get the thing is to over expose and under develop. by diluting the developer you will get warmer tone . I did the same with Tetenal W I use it 1+19 or 29. Just develop less sheet in it.
    Chris Nze
    me Apug Portfolio
    Me web page

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Reading the data sheet, a 1+7 dilution is obtained by mixing a 1+3 "stock" dilution 1+1 with water to get a total of 1+7. This is identical to mixing according to the bottle instructions straight out of the bottle to get 1+7.

If you stick to either the bottle instructions OR the data sheet instructions you will be fine. Do not mix the two, they are different methods of doing the same thing. I do not make a 1+3 stock solution but dilute straight from the bottle according to the instructions on it.

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Guillaume,nze,Bob F -- Thanks. I've been mixing 1:10 right out of the bottle with Ilford WT FB for 2 min. Getting really nice brown tone effects. Similar to what I got with my limited experience with Forte Polywarmtone and Zonal Pro Factor 1 or LPD 1:4. A lot of room for experimentation here with dilutions, dev. temps and times. Also using KRST 1:40 2 min plus Sistan 1 min. No tone change in the KRST but a little D-max deepening.
    Going to also try ID-78, which I've read on this forum is similar to NWA - also probably cheaper. Hopefully cheaper.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin