Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,963   Online: 1011

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Don't underestimate the marketing value of those sample photos on the package of every pack or box of Ilford paper. An aspiring photographer can look at those photos and think, "Yeh, maybe I could do that."

Plus the white packaging helps the sample photos resemble matted prints, if you can ignore the lettering.

Not much on Big Yellow's packets and boxes to inspire newbies and intermediate photographers. And as Kodak continues to leave their traditional fan base behind what else have they got?
    Three degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Add to that some of the neat things that Ilford does.

For example, I got some MGRC in a 25 pack, and it came with two free rolls of 3200. I love this film personally, so that was an incentive for me to try out this paper. And the MGIV comes with an extra 15 sheets now. An nice incentive for someone like me who is looking to play around in the darkroom and will be going through a LOT of paper.
    Official Photo.net Villain
    ----------------------
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]DaVinci never wrote an artist's statement...[/FONT]

Yeh, first time I tried HP5+ it came two rolls bundled in a blister pack of 25 sheets of MGIV RC pearl.

Didn't care for the pearl finish paper but liked the film.

Ilford has also occasionally offered discounted 4-packs of FP4+ and Delta 3200, which prompted me to try both. Now I like both.

When I recently placed an order with JandC Photo they offered 5+1 deals on several types of film and similar deals on other products. So I ordered five rolls of Efke R100 and got the freebie roll. Great film, good deal, so I'll be ordering from JandC again.

Meanwhile Kodak seems to do little to promote their traditional b&w products. I don't recall ever seeing, say, a roll or two of Tri-X bundled with a pack of Polycontrast RC in a retail store.
    Three degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    AND Kodak just discontinued two of the finest materials aroiund-Verichrome pan and Ektalure. At least Azo is still around (just!).Agree with comments re Ilford BTW.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin