Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,935   Posts: 1,585,609   Online: 682

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mmmm Plus-X

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Holy ****. That is cheap. I think I'll be stocking up on reloads. That is hardly worth buying 100' rolls. Anybody ever bought reloads from ultrafine? Are they dust/scratch free? Are the ends exposed?

B&H appears to have 24 exp rolls for not too much and 36 exposure imported rolls for $4. That's pretty much on par with Tri-X.

I just really don't get the domestic 36 exp price. It's more per frame than the 24 exp roll...

Images
    I suspect that's because the cartridge and the loading cost are the same for both. Think of buying a quart or a gallon of water, both in the same size container. Which will coste the most per ounce?
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I know, so the 36 exp roll should be cheaper per frame than the 24 exp roll... but its not.

The Delta 100 and plus X were developed in D76 1:1. They both print perfectly on a Focomat 1C, #2 paper.

The Plus X was developed for 7 1/2 min at 68. I used to use 7 minutes decades ago before the film was revamped a few years back.

My scanner is a Konica Minolta 5400 first edition with the cold light light source. The scans look good until I try to get subtle gradiations in the sky and clouds. Even if I scan at low contrast and boose it in photoshop, the clouds go featureless white.

Delta 100 has no problems when the same subject is printed and scanned. There is no fight at all in scanning and it still prints perfectly. Same D76 1:1.

One would think If they print the same, they would scan the same, but it seems not to be true.

Maybe I`ll be calling 800 242 2424 for help one of these days.

I might add as a wet print, it is absolutely outstanding. Nearly invisable grain, sharp, good highlight separation, good detail in the blacks. As nice as Delta 100 is and it has been my main film for 10 years now, the Plus X is better.

Camera is a Leica M with 50 2.8 last version.

My neighbor ran a very large black/white wedding business in Chicago and used Plus X mostly. His work was visably superior to others in the business at the time. It takes a lot to impress him, and he loved the test prints.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin