Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,993   Posts: 1,524,258   Online: 1010

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Simon,

http://www.orientalphotousa.com/hyperseagull.htm

This paper existed in very recent memory. I almost bought some from B and H a few months ago.

It has been discontinued according to B and H.

Perhaps it was repackaged Kodak stock.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Kodak DID make a b/w RC panchromatic paper for processing in RA-4 chemistry. I know, I still have a partial box. It was intended for the same purpose as Kodak Panalure, that is to make good quality b/w images from color negatives. Used to be a big business in this supplying b/w bridals and engagement images to newspapers. The photographer would only shoot color film, so the bride could order color prints, and provide b/w prints to the newspapers. I found the paper "finickey". If the chemistry was only a tiny bit "off" the b/w image would not be a true b/w. To my eyes, the older Panalure paper looked better, but perhaps that was just my processing. In any case the Panalure, and the later RC RA-4 Chromogenic paper had to be exposed and processed in virtual darkness. The safelight recommendations did not provide much light at all. Neither of these papers were intended for making good b/w prints from b/w negatives, as their response was tailored to the orange masked C-41 color negative.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin