Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,952   Posts: 1,522,730   Online: 883

Shooter
    Medium Format

Tri-x yellowih cast!

Hi everybody,

I've been developing my negatives for awhile,and never had a yellowish stained negative...
    It was my third time with a Tri-x and the others are ok.
    I used all fresh quimicals, t-max developer,and fixer(for 10min.) and they came out with a yellow color cast...I put them on a scanner and it seems not to affect the images, although i would like to know if anyone can help identify this problem! Oh..right now here in Portugal..the room temperature is about 26º (78.8F)..would this afect the quimicals?
    Thank you all in advance

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Gundus View Post
    Hi everybody,

I've been developing my negatives for awhile,and never had a yellowish stained negative...
    It was my third time with a Tri-x and the others are ok.
    I used all fresh quimicals, t-max developer,and fixer(for 10min.) and they came out with a yellow color cast...I put them on a scanner and it seems not to affect the images, although i would like to know if anyone can help identify this problem! Oh..right now here in Portugal..the room temperature is about 26º (78.8F)..would this afect the quimicals?
    Thank you all in advance
    Hi,

I had similar problem with TriX400, yellowish straps on left and right side of rolls but only if the rolls was out of date even only a mounth and even if it was stored in freeze. Fresh or old chemicals makes no difference, Xtol developer and Ilford Rapid fix.
    No problems with fresh rolls except higher base+fog copmared to Ilford and especially Efke rolls. I don't know if it is normal.
    I finally give up even I liked the results I had with TriX400.
    I never try TriX320.

Pozdrav,
    Zvonimir

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Whether or not this contributed to the yellow cast I do not know, but 10m of 78f film-strength fixer is excessive.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin