Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,082   Online: 1065

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I just finished my first try with BDBI in Michael's ABC. The first negative came out looking very nice except that I developed it a bit too long b/c my highlights look as if they could stop a bullet. I started looking at about 6 mins and it looked good, but i let it go a minute longer...seems it was already good at 6...lol. I started looking at teh second sheet at 5 mins and it looked good, so into the water stop it went. When that one came out of the fix I looked great. I'll see how both of them print sometime next week, but everything looks good right now...no streaks, no fog, so I'm happy.
    RL Foley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is there a description of the brush technique I could check out (on the web)?

Thanks,
    Steve

Don't know. Look up something under Astronomy. I have an article somewhere from an old astronomy journal, but cannot possibly get to it now.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    There was a thread on brush development here a while ago where Jorge gave a pretty complete description. Try a search.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you do a search at photo.net for brush development you'll see "Jorge's Brush Development Technique.' The technique is pretty simple and I havn't had any problems to date.
    RL Foley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I just finished printing my ABC negs and it would seem that all of them were a bit over developed as my highlights were esp difficult to print while still getting decent shadows. The were all printed on Oriental grade 2 paper. I originally tired it with dektol 1:2 and it looked almost as if i was developing a lith print....black shadows and paper base white highlights, with not too much in between. I then tired it with selectol soft and it was much easier to print but the highlights were still blown out. Thinking back I should have used the 1:1:1:14 dilution instead of the 1:1:1:7 seeing as how it was a bit contrasty when I took the pics. I was able to get one that printed quite nicely with a little dodging and burning, and another that I had to use split grade printing on VC paper with. So the pictures were difficult to print, but I got them to do so in the end. I also learned that how much this developer can get away from me if I'm not careful.
    RL Foley

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin