Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,954   Posts: 1,558,022   Online: 1116

Thread: developers

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

developers

has anyone out there any info on Promicrol film dev and Suprol paper dev, I have just been given some, am told it's fresh but there is no info. IE times and dilutions, my favourite films are Neopan 400, Delta 100, and occasionally TMZ, thank in advance, Terrick.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A web search suggests it was discontinued quite a while ago. So I watch for the definition of "fresh" with interest.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Wrong (as usual) it's still listed by Firstcall http://www.firstcall-photographic.co.../28/brand/35/1

That dosn't answer your question re instructions though.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Images
    Try the APUG search button at the top right.
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm assuming this version is using chemistry which varies from the HEAP sulfate that the original version was said to have in it? This developer always interested me from things that I have read but I assumed it was unlikely I'd ever be able to try it. Are there MSDS type sheets for UK products? Perhaps it would show if the HEAP sulfate (2(beta-hydroxyethyl) aminophenol sulphate) is part of the developer?
    Craig Schroeder

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Promicrol was re-formulated when production of the developing agent stopped & supplies ran out. Hydroxyethyl-o-aminophenol sulphate was used in large quantities for a non photographic manufacturing process when that ceased it wasn't commercially viable to manufacture the small quantities required for photographic use.

Agfa Atomal also used the same developing agent and Calbe are thought to have reformulated A49 with CD-1 or CD-2

Suprol is a superb developer very similar to Ilford PQ Universal, used quite dilute it's also an excellent fine grain film developer and was oftenused in commercial B&W labs back in the 70's in large processing lines.

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin