Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,522   Posts: 1,543,809   Online: 764

pmu

Shooter
    35mm

How to achieve fake infrared like look?

Yes, how to achieve sort of like "infrared" look without actually using infrared film? Propably and most likely the term "infrared" is not the right one here, but I was thinking this really high contrast look with glowing high tones (I don't care about shadow details with this one) ...I was thinking using red filter with some chinese Lucky film (or similiar without anti halo layer)...and propably push it couple of stops and develop with rodinal. I bet Ansel Adams would disagree on somehow here, but what do you think about this combination? I would try this one right now if I had the film...before I order it I would like to hear opinions. Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try a wratten #29 coupled with a polarizing filter. Then print with good contrast.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Get some SFX film from Ilford and an R72 filter. This film is an extended red film, not a true IR, but with the R72 filter, it extend some into the IR wavelengths. You also don't have to change the focus or load?unload in darkness like you do with a true IR film. Plus, take the filter off and it's an ordinary b/w film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

iNFRARED

If you use a #25 Red and a Polarizor filter is that a imitation IF ?? Gives a nice shot, but you need LOTS of light.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The red filter will darken foliage, a green filter will lighten foliage which is what you want to do. What the effect of green + polarizer will be beyond "interesting" I don't know.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Someone else here on APUG once posted some shots using Delta 3200 and an IR filter that really gave an effective IR affect, albeit very grainy. A search through the archives should produce the thread.

Joe
    Latent Images Plastic Toy Cameras

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive" - Howard Thurman

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin