Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,660   Posts: 1,481,534   Online: 1090

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Cokin 'P' Filter for Infrared

Well after the back order status, I got my Cokin P infrared filter sent and what I got inside the Cokin 'P' series case was a Cokin 'A' series IR gel inside a little holder that makes it into a 'P' series.... What a crock. I have to use the Cokin P wide angle adaptor as it is with my Hasselblad 500 CFi lens or I get vignetting. So with this adaptor, it's back to vignetting! I checkd by taking out the filter and just inserted the A to P spacer. At any rate, thought I would share my frustration and ask if anytone else has experienced this? I have an email into Adorama who seems to be the only outfit that has the Cokin filters available right now. It should be a 'P' series and appropriately sized Gel. What say the experts??
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sounds like what you were sent is the Cokin filter that came with the SFX promo packs that Ilford sold last year. My P IR filter is the real deal, fits nicely into the Cokin holder.
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    it's the #007, I believe.

Tim
    If only we could pull out our brains and use only our eyes. P. Picasso

http://www.timbowlesphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    timbo10ca, correct, the plastic case says P007 89B on it complete with a 'P' series mark on the top left of the label......Contents prove otherwise. No word yet from Adorama...
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Moxom View Post
    timbo10ca, correct, the plastic case says P007 89B on it complete with a 'P' series mark on the top left of the label......Contents prove otherwise. No word yet from Adorama...
    That's idiocy! Mine is full "P" sized....

Tim
    If only we could pull out our brains and use only our eyes. P. Picasso

http://www.timbowlesphotography.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin