Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,939   Posts: 1,557,418   Online: 944

Shooter
    35mm

Fixer Mixing Question

I just went to make my first batch of darkroom chemicals and it all seemed to go well except with the fixer. There are some hard chunks in the mixed liquid. I used the Kodak powder mixed with water and it left a couple thumb sized clumps. Will this all dissolve if I wait or should I try mixing more? Thanks for the help.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sounds like the powder picked up some moisture along the way and some of it clumped up. It might, or might not dissolve on it's own, but you might be able to help it along. Filter the lumps out and bust them up. Then return them to the mix and stir. Do not shake. If it doesn't all go into solution, don't worry about it. Just use the fixer. It will work.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    35mm
    It actually ended up dissolving on its own when I went back to check. Thanks!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin