Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,694   Posts: 1,482,485   Online: 958

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Lots of 35mm Agfa APX 100

My friend Grace at the Santa Fe Camera Center emailed me, to say that they just received 300 rolls of 35mm Agfa APX 100 (36 exposure).

It is all dated May 2011.

She is selling it for $4.00 a roll and is willing to ship.

Talk to her directly. Her number is (505) 820-0229

Go get some.

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    There are tons of APX 100 available in Europe, even in the "dm" Drogeriemarkt (sort of drugstore) for 2.45 Euros each. Some mailorder houses offer a package of ten films for 19.90 Euros. But if you find a source for APX 100 as 120 roll film please call me immediately :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just called and they told me it was all APX400.....

Is anyone aware of another source for this in the US? (I'm looking for 36exp APX100) B&H also only has the 400. Shawn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The photo store I work for (in Canada) has a sizable amount of APX 100 in 35mm selling for a similar price. PM me if interested.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    I just called and they told me it was all APX400.....

Is anyone aware of another source for this in the US? (I'm looking for 36exp APX100) B&H also only has the 400. Shawn
    Photo Warehouse has it in 24 exp. rolls, and bulk.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks MOO. I already found it there but all my stand development times are for 36exposure rolls in a two reel tank and I'm not a bulk loader(nor do I desire to become one, even for APX100).

I MAY break down and buy the 24s if I can't find it anywhere else. All the best. Shawn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When you click on the APX100 24exposure link at Photo Warehouse it is listed as "out of stock"... They only have it in 100 foot rolls.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I know its not in the States, but Retro photographic has loads of the stuff.
    http://www.retrophotographic.com/shop/111/index.htm
    The price is £16 for 10 (about $30) If you make a big enough order it might be worth it.
    Or if you have friends in Europe?
    Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Man, how long was Agfa's last production run? I got into photography more heavily after they went out of business, but I've never had any problem getting APX400 from abroad or even locally. Clearly we weren't burning through enough of it to come close to what they were producing...
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One of their coaters in their Leverkusen plant had an annual capacity of 850Mill. films…

Thus the production was seemingly aimed at large runs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin