Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,214   Posts: 1,532,119   Online: 1057

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pyro and FP4

Shooter
    Large Format
    Phill,
    Sandy King has indicated that his conservative minimum for 4X5 sheet of the developer at 1-1-100 dilution is 80 ml.( 2 1/2 oz). He did go on to say that you could get by with slightly smaller quantities with the 2-2-100 dilution. Normally the 1-1-100 dilution is used for developing film for purposes of enlarging. The 2-2-100 dilution is used for developing film for alternative process or Azo. If it were me, I would try the developer in the quantities that you mention and see what your results are. Good luck.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Can't speak to using tubes, but PMK and FP4 is a really nice combination that I have enjoyed for many years. I use a custom 11x14 partitioned tray that does 6 negs at a time and holds each one in it's own space. It permits developer to flow on both sides of the negative.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    For your 11x14 tray how much chemical do you have to put in to fully cover the negs?
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

For the 11 x 14 film tray, I mix a 32oz batch for multiple use. You could certainly use less, I just have a routine based on that. 16 oz is not enough.
    Regards,
    Bruce

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Couldn't find Pyrocat-HD in UK so I have ordered base chemicals from artcraftchemicals in US of A. Seems to be very reasonably priceand I'm not used to good things being cheap

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Phill,
    I agree with your assessment about the cost of Pyrocat and the norm of things. I have found that it really is inexpensive to use and I certainly like the results. Hope that you like it as well.

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    [quote="philldresser"]Couldn't find Pyrocat-HD in UK so I have ordered base chemicals from artcraftchemicals in US of A.

I hope you keep us posted regarding your experiences Phil, there may be another convert in the offing !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Roy

I have ordered 3 batches of base chems for the first trial. Drop me your address in a PM i'll send you one batch when they arrive if you are interested

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    With PMK being so cheap - there is no reason to use the least ammount possible. I use the Jobo tank and fill it - 1.25 liters and do 6 sheets at a time and never have uneven development. I also belive that the accutance goes up when there is a 30 second pause between agitations that you don't benefit from when using rotary processing. I have used PMK with rotary processing - I bought the reccomended sequesturing agent and never used it and did not have a problem. I just think the results are better from the hand agitated tank - Frank
    My photos are always without all that distracting color ...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Phill,
    I have development times for FP4 and Pyrocat if it would be of help to you and you decide to use Pyrocat to develop FP4 negs to print on Azo. Unfortunately I have not tested the combination for enlargement negs.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin