Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,576   Online: 1019

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In reality there are probably quite a few papers you could use, the difficulty is finding a company who would slit it to the right width for you.

EFKE or Foma might be a better bet than Russia or China. Foma have just built a new slitting plant, they slit colour paper for Fuji

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format

did it work ok?

Hi there,

I am really surprised you are having trouble getting product as I manufacture such items for other people!!! Where are you and would you like some info and pricing on our products?

But, I was wondering the same thing here. I am making some for a customer when I found out the potassium dichromate is very hard to get here on the west coast. I have some sodium dichromate and wondered if it could be used in our formula. So did it work for you? Any problems? Please let us know.

Thanks
    Liz

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    In this case use Sodium Dichromate. It will work better for this process. Potassium is best for film.

dw

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you!!! So you think the sodium dichromate will work better? Maybe I should make a gallon and have my customer try it first. She has been using this for so long now it is hard to get them to try something new when the old is working just fine....but it would be easier for me!!!

Thanks again.
    Liz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At equal molar concentrations, there is no reason why Sodium or Potassium Dichromate should differ substantially in action on films. Sodium salts are often more prevalent in the US and Potassium salts are more prevalent in Europe just due to abundance of the ingredients.

Potassium Dichromate is certainly more readily available on the open market from what I can tell.

PE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin