Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,085   Online: 945

Shooter
    Large Format

Photo B&W Workshops - Where in Australia?

Hi there,
    Im looking for advice regarding photo workshops or courses that are being offered within sydney, australia specifically..

Anyone know where I can go for courses that deal with traditional processes, black and white obviously!

Any advice or comments much appreciated, thanks!

-a.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Firstly, welcome to APUG.

Secondly, this country is physically large, if you would care to go sub-atomic by giving your location, perhaps we can tailor an appropriate answer.

There are a couple of excellent places teaching the wet side as well as quite unusual wet and old techniques near Daylesford.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Easy:

http://www.pointlightworkshops.com.au/

Usually weekend courses (shooting and printing), well equipped, inspiring gallery

Regards - Ross

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can do 10 week courses at the Australian Centre for Photography, Paddington.
    http://www.acpworkshop.com/

Chris at Blanco Negro darkroom also runs classes, not sure of the timetable
    http://www.blanconegro.com.au/
    He'll also be doing a one off weekend course at the ACP very soon.

Pointlight is now being taught by different people. It used to be Gordon Undy who was great. I know nothing about the new people, just heard there had been a change.

Further out of Sydney is the Black Mountain school at Oberon.
    http://www.blackmountainphoto.com.au/
    Because it's a 3 hour drive they run intensive live in workshops.
    Tutors are Bob Kersey & Gordon Undy.
    Be great if you're into landscape & large format.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by goldie View Post
    Pointlight is now being taught by different people. It used to be Gordon Undy who was great. I know nothing about the new people, just heard there had been a change.
    Pointlight Workshops are being taught by Enrico Scotece and Peter Lang. Their work is currently on the walls in the Point Light Gallery. Why not go and have a look and see if they could teach you something. Having recently spoken with both Enrico and Peter about the workshops I'm sure that their courses would be good value. One or both of them are at Point Light on the weekends and they are happy to talk about the content of the workshops. No affiliation.
    Matt Gorringe

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi 'Atomic'

We do provide black & white workshops and courses at Point Light.
    Our website is www.pointlightworkshops.com.au
    (and thanks to those who have already mentioned..!)

You are more than welcome to come by the gallery and check out our facilities and courses. We are always there on the weekends, and by appointment during the week. Courses range from Introduction through to Advanced, concentrating on all camera formats, and all aspects of darkroom practice.

More information can be found on the website, as well as all contact details.
    Feel free to contact me.

Enrico Scotece

Shooter
    Large Format
    thanks all! I have checked out the acp and it's all a little slap-dash. From other reports it sounds like a high school approach.
    Also checked out point light.. definately the way to go..

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin