Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,267   Online: 967

Thread: Amidol

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been dabbling in amidol (wearing gloves of course)with encouraging results and I'd like to hear of any useful tips/don't do's anyone may have, esp with regard to toning.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Large Format
    The best formula for Amidol is, from all reports, the Michael Smith formula since it doesn't live up to Amidol's normal reputation of a short "use" life. I have found that the water bath in conjunction with Amidol gives a fair amount of flexibility in achieving proper print contrast. I use Amidol with Azo and the only toning that I have personal experience with is with highly dilute selenium. (primarily for archival purposes).
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin