Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,256   Online: 1014

Thread: Acros in PMK?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Acros in PMK?

Does anyone stand develop Fuji Acros shot at 100 ISO in PMK? Development times would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am not sure about this particular combination - but when I do stand development with Pyrocat it seems to be completely irrelevant what film and exposure index I use.
    I just use one hour for all combinations and the results are fine. Your mileage may vary.

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasius80 View Post
    Does anyone stand develop Fuji Acros shot at 100 ISO in PMK? Development times would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Hutchings does not recommend PMK for stand development. That doesn't mean you can't do it, but to me it means that a test on something not critical is in order. Be sure your test photo has gradations similar to the one that is important.
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've never had good results with Acros 100 processed in PMK, odd processing marks. All very strange. I've since processed it in Rodinal and Ilfosol 3 with no problems.

I would be interested to learn how you get on with this combination.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Acros is great in Xtol 1:1, normal agitation. Diluted Xtol enhances shadow detail, similar to stand development.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    On the other hand I have had great results with ACROS and PMK though not stand development. That is the weird thing about photography, what works for one doesn't work for another. I did quite a lot of Acros 120 rolls in PMK with landscape/architecture and lots of sky and got very even unmottled unstreaked film and very nice highlight detail.
    Dennis

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I have used Acros in PMK with good results. But you have first to use Acros @ ISO 50, and second add EDTA (5 mL for 500 ML PMK) in the developer to avoid irregular development. Like that it is nice.
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dpurdy View Post
    On the other hand I have had great results with ACROS and PMK though not stand development. That is the weird thing about photography, what works for one doesn't work for another. I did quite a lot of Acros 120 rolls in PMK with landscape/architecture and lots of sky and got very even unmottled unstreaked film and very nice highlight detail.
    Dennis
    I've not used Acros 120 only 4"x5" in Quickloads. Just wondering if it's the sheet film that is a little problematic in PMK? As I said the film was fine in Rodinal and Ilfosol 3.

PMK is my workhorse developer and all other films I put through it are fine.

I'll have to give the 120 version a go some time to see how it performs.

Cheers,
    Trevor.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin