Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,657   Online: 758

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Azo time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ok I'm gonna be trying this old azo out that I have, but don't know how long I should expose it. I hear it is suposed to be somewhat slower than regular enlarging papers. I'm going to have to make a test strip of course, but I don't want to make one that gives too little exposure for every step. I have to make the steps by hand since i have no step wedge. I have a limited number of sheets, and just don't want to make a test strip that turns out to be useless. So if it usually takes a 20 second exposure to yeild a proper print on regular enlarging paper, about what time should I start with for the azo? Thanks for any suggestions you can give. BTW my light source is from my enlarger which is about a meter above the baseboard.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll try that then for as many steps i can reasonably get on my little 5x4 sheet.
    RL Foley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Large Format
    I recently printed a Stouffer 21 step tablet (densities of .15 to 3.00)on Azo to determine the paper characteristics of both grades two and three Azo. Using my enlarger (Saunders 4550 XLG with 250 watt light source) with the lens aperture at F5.6 my times were six and one half minutes for grade two and eight and one half minutes on grade three. (Grade three requires approximately 33% more exposure than grade two by my tests).

This paper is approximately 1/25 the speed of conventional silver enlarging paper. (paper speed 6 compared to 150 for Kodak variable contrast). That is why most use a reflector flood lamp to expose Azo. Hope that this gives you some idea.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I use my D2, which has the equivalent of an Aristo Hi-Intensity Cold Light Head. I take out the negative carrier, lens and lensboard and crank the bellows all the way up. I set my enlarger at 24" above the paper. When I do the Souffer Tablets , it requires an exposure of 20 seconds to get about the same results that Don does. Hope this is helpful.
    Paul Hamann

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a 250watt halogen flood light and get times of about 5-8 seconds.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmmmmm...l think I may be using the speed of the paper as an idication of how long I'll expose it. This will put my exposure in the minutes rather than seconds. If I find that it overexposes then I'll do a step every 5 seconds. Hopefully I'll get it the first time. Thanks for all the help!
    RL Foley

I concur with Don, with my Saunders 4x5, my print time is 12 min at f8. better to buy a reflective bulb. my times with a 75watt reflector bulb 2 feet over the paper is about 60 sec.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin