Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,593   Online: 709

Shooter
    35mm

processing scala 200 agfa

hello people could you tell me how i can self develop scala 200 film???

the permanganate bleach should works ??

thanks

Shooter
    35mm
    Have a look at the file I've uploaded.
    Just as a starting point.
    Attached Files

Shooter
    Medium Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's a regular black&white negative film that has been optimized for reversal processing. Don't ask me how or what that means.

www.dr5.com might be your best solution. Or you can process it as a negative. Or you can reverse process it to become a positive.

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    "Or you can process it as a negative"

Got any recommended devs, times etc.? I've got one roll left to develop and not sure the images are worth the faff of reversal processing.

Thanks

Rob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've found that when I have films that I haven't tried before, samples or whatever, a form of semi stand or stand development is the route to go. It appears that it doesn't matter much what film it is or how it was exposed, unless you really screwed up and underexposed like crazy.
    I usually use Pyrocat or Rodinal, and I mix at high dilution. With Rodinal I do 1+100 at 70*F. Presoak the film for however long it takes to mix your chemistry. Develop for half an hour, agitate for the whole first minute, make sure to rap your tank on the table top pretty hard a couple of times before you set it down to dislodge air bubbles from the reels. Then agitate again at 15 minutes. Two inversions should do it to stir things up again. Traditionally I've used 500ml or so per roll of film to make sure I have enough chemistry.
    That seems to get me good negatives almost all the time with damned near any film. It's a really versatile way of developing.
    If you really overexposed the film, you can dilute 1+150 instead.

With that said, I've never used Agfa Scala, but I don't see how it would be significantly different from any other b&w film out there.

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    ..as rob & tom mentioned, scala film does well in negative developer types that you would use for an ortho film; pyro, d23, etc.. scala film does poorly in Permanganate bleach, use a dichromate bleach for scala film.

dw

Images
    Try this url, http://www.digitaltruth.com/chart/special/scala.html, for directions on how to develop Agfa Scala as a negative. I have used Studional (1+32) with great results. This is the last recommendation on the chart. I shot the film a 100asa. As you will see this site will give you directions for several developers. A great film.

Donald

Shooter
    35mm
    many thanks friends!

MR WOOD i have send you an email.....on wooddr5.com

thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've found Scala works well in Rodinal. I exposed for EI 100 and developed in Rodinal 1+25 for 6 min at 21C but it could probably do with a little less exposure (maybe EI 160-200).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin