Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,353   Online: 734

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Does anybody know where I can buy bulk sodium thiosulfate in the Houston area? I've been calling around at various pool supply stores but nobody seems to carry it. Thanks for any help.

What kind of places did you try? My understanding is it's used to lower cholrine in large commerical pools. In other words it's not likely to be carried by the sort of shop that caters to home pool owners.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    yes the larger commercial ones carry it but they won't sell it to me, and the regular pool suppy places either dont' have it or have no idea what i'm talking about. I've also been calling pet supply stores since its also used in treating aquariums and ponds, but still no luck...at least locally. I can always order it, but I'm trying not to have to pay that $10+ shipping charge.
    RL Foley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    havn't tried HS or colleges yet. The only chem supply places i've looked at are VWR, Fisher, and Sigma...all of which sell high grade sodium thiosulfate that is too expensive for my uses.
    RL Foley

Ya any place that sells lab grade charges way too much for photographic uses.

Why won't they sell to you? If it's because you're not a business have you thought of becoming Silverpixel Pool services?-)))

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd try that but they want a tax ID if you say you're a commercial entity...sucks...
    RL Foley

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    so go and apply for one. don't do any business and just fill out the form every quarter and no tax to report. Start at the county court house and get an assumed name cert. That way you can cash checks at the bank as Silverpixels5 when you open your checking acct. Show a loss 5 out of 7 years on your income tax. Life is sweet.

lee\c

this information is worth what you have paid for it. Nothing.

l\c

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I don't have the number but if you call 411 and ask for Barson Chemical in Wheeling, Illinois they have 50lb. bags and will ship. They are good folks.
    Good Luck!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin