Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,449   Online: 975

Shooter
    Medium Format

Technidol -usable?

I've been given some packages of Technidol developer. Can't find any info on what films besides Tech Pan (which is no longer made) it can be used for.
    Digitaltruth has no info. Does anyone?

Morry Katz
    Lethbridge AB.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Technidol is a POTA sort of thing, good for extreme contrast contraction. You might try it with Adox CMS 20, which advertises itself as a replacement for Tech Pan. It might also work well for continuous tone negatives from lith film or microfilm. You would have to experiment to find good exposure indices and development times for these. It would also work anytime you needed N-4 or so development of normal film.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Advertize it for sale here -- no doubt there is someone here who wants it badly.

Vaughn

see here... http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/5...an-souped.html
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have multiple boxes of Technidol but am unable to ship them out because of the potential hazmet risk.I posted a message about this some time ago.A shame really.

Shooter
    35mm
    Its made for Technical Pan and specifically engineered to match its characteristic curve. We do have some development data which is posted on Digitaltruth.com, but both the film and developer are now discontinued. Apart from Technical Pan, it can probably be used with other document microfilms. You should definitely test prior to use.
    --Jon Mided

Digitaltruth Photo
    http://www.digitaltruth.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Morry Katz View Post
    I've been given some packages of Technidol developer. Can't find any info on what films besides Tech Pan (which is no longer made) it can be used for.
    Digitaltruth has no info. Does anyone?

Morry Katz
    Lethbridge AB.
    Is it the old Technidol LC (Low Contrast) developer that came in small packets of dry powder or the Technidol Liquid concentrate?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    It was a liquid - I have some but had better luck making my own TD3 - Also still have a lot of Techpan left. Lots of resolution - not a lot of sharpness ..... I like sharpness
    My photos are always without all that distracting color ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fhovie View Post
    It was a liquid
    Keith was referring to the fact that there were two forms sold. A liquid concentrate, Cat 108 3849, and a powder in packets Cat 101 0628. Each box had three containers to make 16 oz. of working solution. I suspect that Keith was going to suggest that the powder form may be more likely to be currently usable. The liquid form lists diethylene glycol and hydroquinone as ingredients.

The liquid form I have is labelled "Kodak Technidol liquid developer" and the powder form is "Kodak Technidol LC Developer". The liquid form is I have dark reddish brown, likely dead by now.

The powder form says instructions are in publication P-255. http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe.../p255/p255.pdf

Lee
    Last edited by Lee L; 09-13-2008 at 04:58 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I certainly hope both types which I have kept are usable. Someone just gave me a full box of 4 x 5.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you have any Konica 750 IR left you can use it on that with the same developng time as Tech Pan and an approximate EI of 12 to 25 with a red filter. The curve of this film is very similar to Tech Pan, that's what clued me in to try it.
    Gary Beasley

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin