Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,951   Posts: 1,585,996   Online: 801

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've tried Delta 3200 processed in Ilfosol for the recommended 13 mins at 20 degrees. The negs are very thin, even the film leader seems to be light so I don't think it's an exposure issue.

Any suggestions welcomed?

Cheers

Martin

fresh developer, maybe? I use delta 3200, mostly in 120 format. the only delveloper I've used it in so far is XTOL for 8.5 min rated at 800 for low contrast subjects. I'm getting nice, adequately dense, negs with a beautiful tonal range.
    Sorry I can't be more help.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There can be a lot of variables.. Those times are pretty much only guidelines.
    Last time I shot Delta 3200 I put it in D76. I ran it pretty close to the times posted at digitaltruth.com Maybe plus 10% and they came out all right..

Maybe you're a lazy agitater I know sometimes I have to go back to timing/counting my cycles.

Better luck next time

Ian

Ilfosol-S is terrific for slow, fine grain film. It is *not* a speed developer.

Try Microphen for Delta 3200 at any EI up to 12,500. This has become my favorite speed developer during the past 18 months of use with many different films. It strikes a nice balance between a compensating effect and maintaining satisfactory "snap."

For convenience I like Diafine for Delta 3200 at EI 1600. Remember, Diafine is a fixed speed developer so "pulling" and "pushing" are not possible.
    Three degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've always had good luck with D-76, follow the instructions on the box...
    Official Photo.net Villain
    ----------------------
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]DaVinci never wrote an artist's statement...[/FONT]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks for the information. I guess it'll be a while before I need to use anything that fast again. Saying that I'll have to put a few rolls through and try out your recommendations.

Cheers

Martin
    I'm Spartacus!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Now that you mention it, I've noticed the same thing.

I use (very fresh) DDX mixed with filtered water at 20C for Ilford's recommended time. FP4+, HP5+, Delta 100 and Delta 400 all come out fine when processed like this for their recommended times but Delta 3200, as you say, seems to come out thin...

Hmmm....

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've had this problem as well-with DDX try upping the temp to 24c and/or the developer strength. Now I use Rayco UFG (from Rayco Reveals booklet) for 16 -18 mins at 24c 1+1 -it's great stuff and virtually identical to FX 10-see the Darkroom/Film Dev Cookbook for this. Speedibrews Celer-Mono is similar and obtainable from Silverprint.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is there an FX-10 like developer avaliable in the US? I was going to try and make it from scratch, but the main ingredient isn't avaliable anywhere that I've looked.
    RL Foley

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use colour dev agent 4-you could order it from Silverprint or I'm sure Photographer's Formulary could help-if they don't have it, it probably doesn't exist.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin