Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,462   Online: 1122

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: microwave magic

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I wanna see this result! Show it, show it! Is this going to be a nice way to work with paper negs?!
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    the one problem i have noticed is the plastic bumbs of the silk surface melt and become a smoother gloss.
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What plastic??
    Or do you mean the gelatine structure?

Are there residues of the baryta adhering to the gelatine layer?
    Last edited by AgX; 09-07-2008 at 01:06 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    When I have overcooked (Varycon, Polywarmtone, Adox VarioClassic, Ilford MGIV) I have done nothing more than burn a hole in the paper. Perhaps it is paper brand specific, or perhaps it is your particular microwave.
    I bet it's the microwave oven. They vary quite a lot in the evenness of their microwave distribution. With some, if you put in an even layer of something (say, pre-cut cheese slices), you'll find some are stone cold while others are bubbling away. With other microwaves, the distribution is much more even.

Using a rotating platform sometimes helps. If you've got an oven without one, I know that they exist (or did exist) as add-on things. I've got one in mine that you rotate and then it slowly rotates back, like a wind-up toy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What power intensity (watts)?
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This sounds like the emulsion lift you can do with polaroids and warm water. It would be super-cool if you could do the same thing, emulsion on watercolor-paper that's a bit crumbled looks great!
    Canon F1n / FTb / AE-1P | Yashica Mat-124G | Hasselblad 500C/M | Leica IIIf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin