Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,542   Posts: 1,572,821   Online: 980

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The instructions for DiXactol developer say to save the developer and pour it back into the film for 2 minutes after fixing to enhance the stain. This step is not necessary if an alkaline type fixer is used.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Has anyone tried using the types of bleach used for toning prints? Potassium ferricyanide plus a halide. Then you could redevelop. I guess you'd need very dense negatives to start with.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Many intensifiers are based on the bleach-redevelop model. Chromium intensifier is one that comes to mind. You bleach the fixed film in dichromate and redevelop in something like Dektol. In fact, sepia toning a negative will intensify it a lot.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If I wanted to try sepia toning a negative, is it something done during the development process, or can I just grab an existing negative and tone it? I would imagine I would have to pre-soak it first in water, then tone. Would I have to re-fix afterward?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can't direct sepia tone a negative in the initial development, go back to earlier posts in this thread. Soak ann existing processed neg for 5 mins in water, bleach wash & then tone. a re-Fix is optional.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks. I want to try sepia toning T-Max film. Can anyone suggest some good references for dilution and toning times?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just use the dilutions recommended for papers. Both the bleach and toning are to completion so the times aren't relevant.

Ian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin