Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,844   Online: 1091

Shooter
    35mm

baryt paper nowadays

hello! i always have used agfa mcc 111 and i love it with bergeer prestige, could you suggest me nowadays a very good baryt paper?? foma or efke?

thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    From personal experience I would certainly recommend Foma FB papers.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Which is the Foma paper that is closest to the Agfa ?

Thanks

Martin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think the Foma MG Classic 131 for glossy and 132 for matte is what you're looking for.
    - Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

nze
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    THe Foma 112 is also a good alternative less warm green than the 132 and truely different from the 111
    Chris Nze
    me Apug Portfolio
    Me web page

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another vote for Foma. I have been experimenting with Fomatone MG and despite the fact that it is so slow I find it give excellent tonality and the print colour can be easily modified depending on developer choice. I like the way it dries with minimal curl and its response to both selenium and gold. It does not have the red colour that I used to get when toning Forte Polywarmtone in Selenium. Have a care not to overdo the toning though. Overtoned in gold it is not attractive.

Also Adox fineprint VC. A neutral paper that agian is responsive to various developer types. Not as receptive to selenium but does tone to aubergine, I have yet to try it in gold toner.

The RC version also tones quite readily and this makes it useful as a proofing paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    foma variant 111 in some warm-tone developer will looks nice and not very far from the great MCC 111 (was one of my fave papers)

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm a fan of the Foma graded papers, although they can be hard to source in some parts of the world (eg the UK!). For an everyday paper I like Fomabrom 111, although in my experience it is rather contrastier than the grades would suggest (eg the "normal" grade is quite hard). Also, it has a tendency to be ever so slightly cold, so a warm developer works best to get a neutral finish. It's a nice heavy weight, and the glossy version also glazes well, if that's your game! I also like Fomatone MG Classic 131, although only in those situations that demand a really warm image; I find it much warmer than, say, Ilford FB Warmtone.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin