Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,084   Online: 1112

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have just been given a bottle of Ilfospeed paper developer. Still with the original seal intact but fairly old. I haven't been able to find much info on this and was wondering if it's any good. Till now I have just been using Ilford multigrade developer.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm using seven years old multigrade developer today - opened the bottle half an hour ago. Still good. Just try it
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    35mm
    Quick test:

Take a small piece of photo paper. Place a drop of developer (as recommended by the manufacturer - dillution, etc) in it.
    Expose to light.
    If it turns black, in about 30s the dev is OK.

Jorge O

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's surprising how long stuff will last, even if it hasn't been that well stored. Generally, two part devs have the best keeping qualities. A squirt of Tetenal protectan also works a treat.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin