Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,171   Online: 716

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    A nifty way for storing ID-11 (and any other developer or chemical for that matter) is to get 'em brown glass bottles from a pharmacy, they are really cheap (cheaper than ANY bottles meant for storing darkroom chemicals in) and they are ten times better for storing chemicals, the bottle caps are chemical resistant and you can store any numbers of chemicals in them (the pharmacy that sold mine told me that they store HCl and HF in the same bottles, so developer should have the same effect as water on them).
    Canon F1n / FTb / AE-1P | Yashica Mat-124G | Hasselblad 500C/M | Leica IIIf

tbm
    Shooter
    35mm
    I regularly buy the "5 litres" ID-11 box at Freestyle Camera when I am there. When I get home, I mix the entire plastic pouch's contents, as recommended, with filtered water from the Amway kitchen filter spigot in our kitchen. I then pour it into 500 milliliter amber glass bottles with plastic caps I got from Photographers' Formulary. This way, the ID-ll lasts many months in my darkroom, which is located in my garage in Southern California, regardless of the changes in seasonal temperatures.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    use this link, it covers ID-11 (and Ilford's other Powder developers) for small tanks. Don't ask me why Ilford can't name them better and link to the useful one. I've got them downloaded and named ID-11 and Powder developers and still open the wrong one from time to time.

http://www.ilfordphoto.com/Webfiles/200621612182416.pdf

Hywel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ilford's ID-11 and Kodak's D-76 are functionally identical. Ilford's product comes in two separate packages and Kodak's has everything in a single envelope. Other than that, they are completely interchangeable. If you don't get the answers you need from Ilford, download Kodak's data sheet for D-76 here: http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...bs/j78/j78.pdf. Ilford's recommended development times differ from Kodak's recommendations for some films, but remember that these are just recommendations and not commandments cast in stone.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by srs5694 View Post
    For hobbyist or small-volume users, and especially for somebody who's just starting out, I disagree with this recommendations.
    Using ID-11/D76 (or Microphen) Full Strength is remarkably easy. 5 litres will process about 50 films. This is exactly what I used when I was just starting out. Later I started using replenishment. I would split the mixed developer into two 2.5 litre containers for more practical use, this is how I currently work with the 5 litre packs of Xtol.

Ian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin