Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,155   Online: 870

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Potassium to sodium equivalent.

What weight of potassium sulphite would be equivalent to 100 grams of sodium sulphite, anhydrous?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    125.4 grammes

Based on Molecular weight of K2SO3 being 158.26, and Na2SO3 being 126
    "Flatter Me, and I May Not Believe You. Criticize Me, and I May Not like You. Ignore Me, and I May Not Forgive You. Encourage Me, and I Will Not Forget You."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurum View Post
    125.4 grammes

Based on Molecular weight of K2SO3 being 158.26, and Na2SO3 being 126
    Thanks, do you or anyone else know how much is soluable in a litre of water?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Merck index says "Potassium Sulfite is soluble in 3.5 parts of water", Though doesn't say if thats the anhydrous or the hydrate.

If you take that as Weight for weight,Thats a 28.5% solution . (or 285g/Litre)

So I would say 250g / litre should go together OK (And keeps the sums easier if you're making a stock solution for using in other stuff)

It also says that its Cathartic and Diuretic, so wash your hands afterwards before eating, unless you want to be fixing prints in the bathroom, sitting on a porcelain seat
    Last edited by Aurum; 09-13-2008 at 01:51 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Health and Safety
    "Flatter Me, and I May Not Believe You. Criticize Me, and I May Not like You. Ignore Me, and I May Not Forgive You. Encourage Me, and I Will Not Forget You."

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin