Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,973   Posts: 1,558,724   Online: 762

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    And now, the Technical Gallery also holds examples of the amazing pepper paper - Varycon PE!

I'm just *bump*ing this up for Aurore
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Time for an update again?

Nothing really new and exiting - no new chemicals, no new papers. But I bought a new packet of Varycon paper (this one is produced in Croatia, the old ones said "Yugoslavia") and confirmed that the formula hasn't changed. It still gives the same results in MACO lith developer, including pepper fogging!

Speaking of old things, I'm still using the same Ansco 130 developer working solution that I mixed in November. It's been stored in a brown plastic bottle with increasing amounts of air between sessions. By now I must have processed several square meters of paper in it, and it shows no sign of giving ip. It's getting darker every day, but I can still see the print...
    Norway

Ka

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ole,

How did you become so versed in chemisty and papers?

I am reading things here my eyes have never seen.

ka

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, that's some shelf-life on that developer! I have been converted and will get the chemicals to mix up some Ansco 130 after all of my Neutol is gone.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ka,
    I have a degree in chemistry, and I guess I've always liked mixing things together to see what will happen. The reason for my extensive "collection" of papers is - unreliable supply. For many years I bought what I could get hold of in packets large enough to see me through the next job with some hope of consistency. There was always a few sheets left... Since then I've just stayed in the habit, partly due to fond memories of a very few cases where negative and paper have "meshed" to produce a perfect print in the first attempt. I want to see that happen again!

Ansco 130 continues to surprise me. I can now detect the first signs of "tiring", but it still works perfectly with Ilford MG. Fortezo is a different matter - contrast is definitely going.
    Norway

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin