Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,661   Online: 744

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Has anyone made film tests using Photographers' Formulary TFX-2 Film Developer? How did it perform for high contrast scenes (e.g. SBR > 9)? What dilutions and times did you find worked the best and for which films? I shoot only in 8x10 (PL100 and TMAX 100).

I have about 1 year of experience with TFX-2. My experience is limited to roll film. It is my favorite non-tanning developer. Of all of the films that I tried it with I felt it worked best with T-Max 100. It is an extremely flexible developer; depending on dilution and agitation you should be able to accomodate almost any contrast situation.

Most of the comments on FX-2 and TFX-2 in The Film Developing Cookbook" are true exept for stand developing. My experience was that it needed agitation at least once every 10 minutes to prevent streaking.

Although I have no experince with sheet film, I would expect it to be an good choice due to its resistance to oxidation.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Thanks Josef. Have you any suggested times for N, N-1, N-2 and N-3? I realise you only do roll film but any help to get me started with TFX-2 would be appreciated.

My times for TFX-2 are out of date because Kodak changed their films. I would suggest contacting Photographer's Formulary for developing times; I have found them to be helpful.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Josef,

Just developed some 8x10 negs in TFX-2. Fantastic! Beautiful detail everywhere. Handles SBRs 11 or greater like no other developer I have tried. I wonder if it is the combination of Metol and Glycin that makes the negatives look extra sharp? Nevertheless, this and Pyrocat are now inseparable for me. I shall use TFX-2 for SBRs 11 or greater and the rest Pyrocat.
    Francesco

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin