Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,906   Posts: 1,555,862   Online: 912

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwagoshi View Post
    I ordered a batch from Megaperls in Japan, got in less than two weeks. If you APUG-search for Megaperls you'll find that a number of us are customers.

Terry
    I'll take a look, Thanks! Being in Taipei I'd probably get it a little faster then that, too

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by hka View Post
    Don't forget the Xtol or Mytol developer for this film. Very nice combo too. Sharp en crispy and nice tonation over de whole Z-range.
    I'm looking more toward one-shot developers for convenience sake

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I shoot Acros at iso 80 and develop in Paterson Aculux 3 for 35mm and Ilford LC29 (1+29) in 120.
    Mark Tomlinson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianPhotog View Post
    At home I have a little Rodinal (hard to come by in Taipei)...
    You can make your own "Rodinal" with commonly available chemicals - paracetamol tablets, drain cleaner (sodium hydroxide), sodium sulphite and water. You can find the recipe here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hallo

acu fx-39 works great. expose at 64 and use the developing time for 100(from the sheet).
    strong, sharp and good for printing.

analog greetings

thomas
    --------------------------------------------------
    vfdkv (259)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have had great results with ACROS in Rodinal, and now prefer DD-X, exposing the ACROS at EI 200. You may have lots of light there, and find EI 100 to be handy enough. I use the times in digitaltruth.com's Massive Developing Chart. It's wise to test one film through the whole processing/scanning process to see if your exposure settings are suitable. Good luck, it's a superb film in 120 size.

PS: Ilford's method of re-using one liter of 1+4 diluted DD-X, and adding 10% to the time for each subsequent film works just fine for up to 5 films.
    Last edited by Larry.Manuel; 09-16-2008 at 06:15 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling error.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry.Manuel View Post
    PS: Ilford's method of re-using one liter of 1+4 diluted DD-X, and adding 10% to the time for each subsequent film works just fine for up to 5 films.
    I didn't know that was possible with DD-X. I used to do it with LC-29 (there are re-use instructions on the bottle for time adjustments for re-using it twice at 1+19) but if I'm not mistaken (too lazy to look at the bottle now) DD-X is one use only?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtoml View Post
    I shoot Acros at iso 80 and develop in Paterson Aculux 3 for 35mm and Ilford LC29 (1+29) in 120.
    I used to use LC-29 quite a bit, especially for PanF and HP5+ but switched to HC-110 a couple years ago. Besides being more economical (not a big deal) it, for me at least, gave me better accuance when streched out.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianPhotog View Post
    I used to use LC-29 quite a bit, especially for PanF and HP5+ but switched to HC-110 a couple years ago. Besides being more economical (not a big deal) it, for me at least, gave me better accuance when streched out.
    Interesting. I thought that HC110 and LC29 were supposed to be pretty much the same. Obviously not.
    Mark Tomlinson

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtoml View Post
    Interesting. I thought that HC110 and LC29 were supposed to be pretty much the same. Obviously not.
    Me, too...but when I do longer developments (i.e. LC29 @1+29 and HC-110 @1+64) I get some shadow area definition with HC-110 that I just don't get with LC-29.

Ilfotec HC is probably a closer comparison to HC-110, but I haven't made a comparison yet as the chems shop I frequent doesn't carry it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin