Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,519   Posts: 1,572,216   Online: 1015

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Best from Acros 100 with what I have?

In a couple of days I'll receive a brick of 120 Acros 100 (for use in a 6x12 back out my CG). It's the first time I've tried this film and would appreciate any exposure & processing suggestions.

It's a tabular film() so I assume that I shouldn't overexpose as I do with tri-x or panF.

At home I have a little Rodinal (hard to come by in Taipei), some DD-X, some T-Max developer, and a ton of HC-110.

Output will be traditional printing with scans only for web-use.

Thanks in advance!

nze
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Just like to soup it in Rodinal 1+100 For 20 min with agitation first minute and then every 15 sec. this work great for printing. For scan only you may choose a quicker alternative. But these are easy to scan and full odf detail and information.
    Chris Nze
    me Apug Portfolio
    Me web page

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I expose it at 100 and develop it in Rodinal 1+100 as per the Massive Development Chart. Lovely results every time.

Shooter
    35mm
    If you want to save your Rodinal, then use DDX. Mine was 35mm so can't guarantee that 120 is the same but DDX and 9 mins using Ilford agitation gives very sharp prints and great contrast. My skies were amongst the best I have managed in 35mm film. This was a time I used and was based on U.K. light conditions but it was based on a recommendation I got on the Ilford Photo forum where a moderator had used 8.5 mins but based in more southern lattitudes much closer to L.A latitudes and much contrastier light conditions.

In Taipei or L.A. I think that 8.5 is probably nearer the correct time. Ilford doesn't give a time for Acros and DDX which is a pity as I thought it a great combination but the Massive Development Chart gives 9 mins for 35mm and 10 for 120 but as I say, I'd be tempted to scale this down for your latitudes unless it was particularly dull conditions.

pentaxuser

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm sure I've not yet plumbed all the subtleties, but lately I've been shooting 120 Acros 100 at ISO 80 and using HC110 "Dilution H" (1+63) for about nine minutes, four inversions each minute, for some respectable results.

DaveT

Shooter
    35mm
    Great info and you guys have given me some good starting points. Thank you!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Brian, just one more that was not mentioned but, of course, recommended by Fuji; Fuji Microfine, 10 minutes. Also don't skimp on the wash, it takes a while to get out the magenta dye.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwagoshi View Post
    Brian, just one more that was not mentioned but, of course, recommended by Fuji; Fuji Microfine, 10 minutes. Also don't skimp on the wash, it takes a while to get out the magenta dye.
    Unfortunately, I don't have access to Fuji chems in Taipei...Kodak and Ilford stuff is readily available and Rodinal can be had with a little effort (but only in over-priced smaller bottles). In a couple of months I'm heading back to L.A. to visit family, friends, and Freestyle, but they don't have Fuji chems listed on their website so I assume that they don't stock any in the store.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I ordered a batch from Megaperls in Japan, got in less than two weeks. If you APUG-search for Megaperls you'll find that a number of us are customers.

Terry

hka
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Don't forget the Xtol or Mytol developer for this film. Very nice combo too. Sharp en crispy and nice tonation over de whole Z-range.
    harry

Release, the best you can do...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin