Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,922   Online: 978

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Rodinal Developing Chemical

I noticed that even the new (old) Rodinal has quiet a few different properties than the old (old) one. IT seems not to be rasping the grain out of it as it used to in the past. Does anyone know a bit more about this other than the few amateur notes I have given ?

Thanks in advance,
    danphoto_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've always had extremely fine grain with Agfa APX100 & Tmax100 and Rodinall, soI'm not quite sure what you mean.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It's not about how Rodinal interacts with the film. My question lies on what are the differences (visiable) between the old Rodinal and the new Rodinal. Like, the chemical composure and all sorts of that nature ?

danphoto_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by danphoto_ View Post
    It's not about how Rodinal interacts with the film. My question lies on what are the differences (visiable) between the old Rodinal and the new Rodinal. Like, the chemical composure and all sorts of that nature ?

danphoto_
    Hard to say precisely what the chemical differences (if any) are between the old Rodinal and the new Rodinal. Both recipes are Agfa Proprietary.

I know from personal experience that I can duplicate Old Rodinal film development RESULTS with a home brew mixture of P-Aminophenol, Water and Alkali.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Actually, I believe that the recipe for rodinal is in Photographic Facts and Formula by E. J. Wall and others. It's listed as rodinal like, same as D-72 is dektol like
    There is no such thing as taking too much time, because your soul is in that picture. -Ruth Bernhard

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dan, I've noticed as I get older (wiser?) that my developing of film just gets better. I suppose I'm fine tuning exposure, agitation, dev time etc. Maybe this is occuring with you. Have you tried old and new Rodinal side by side with the same film? That would be interesting.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin