Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,915   Posts: 1,556,328   Online: 953

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

T-Max Film and Developer

I went to the camera store today, and they were all out of D-76. I asked about the T-Max developer, and they said it is only to be used with T-Max or Tri-Max films.

So, assuming this is indeed true, should T-Max or Tri-Max films only be used with T-Max developer, or is any developer kosher?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    You can use most developers with tmax films no problems I'm aware of. Now Tri-Max films are so special they probably require a super secret developer
    If by chance you meant tri-x you can use most developers as well. If there is such a thing as Tri-max, I apologize for the smart a$$ comment
    regards
    erik

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    B&W developers all do basically the same thing, just in different ways and with slightly different results. That's why it's so much endless fun finding one that you like personally.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    From the Kodak technical publication on TMax developer:

You can use T-MAX Developer to process roll sizes of KODAK PROFESSIONAL T-MAX Films and most other black-and-white continuous-tone films. Do not use this developer to process sheet film. You can use T-MAX RS Developer and Replenisher to process all roll and sheet sizes of KODAK PROFESSIONAL T-MAX Films, as well as most other black-and-white continuous-tone films.
    See: http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...bs/j86/j86.pdf

The clerks at your local store need to be rebooted with a better OS and software.

Lee

Images
    Or just booted.
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gainer View Post
    Or just booted.
    Yeah, but they'd just be replaced with newer models that make the same mistakes at a higher rate.

Lee

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Tmax developer works fine. I mostly use it for Tmax 3200, which it excells with. Tmax Developer was designed for pushing high speed films and is a good choice for Tri-X or Tmax 400 pushed. I have processed both Tmax 400 and Tri-X in it at normal speeds in Tmax Developer with excellent tonality but more grain than D-76.
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have great success with my TMax (TMX and TMY) films in HC110 developer. For 35mm and 120 roll I use Dilution 'B' (1:31). I am getting ready to do some tests with Arista 100 4x5 sheets. HC110 Dil B is not recommended so I am going to try some WAy watered down batches and see what happens. Almost any developer can be used with almost any film. Check out the Massive Developing Chart for film and dev combos.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What's a "Tri-Max" film?

I've used Tmax dev with all sorts of film. I've developed Tmax film with all sorts of developer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I all so use T max dev. I do have some Ilford but for some reason never get around to using it. So it is back to Tmax. For all films.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin