Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,333   Posts: 1,537,417   Online: 1165

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Yep, that's one reason why I started to think about 6x7. They are practically giving away something like an RB67 these days... You can get the body, with a 180 and mag for what I paid for my used 4/150 for the Blad...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Look here;
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum51/5...-50-worth.html
    I doubt you would see any noticeable difference in going to 67 from what you already are shooting.
    The other film advice already given is worth exploring.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    Hey Michel -

Thanks for the info.

I'm considering ADOX CHS 100 ART, because of it's old fashioned spectral sensitivity (less red sensitive).
    The portraits are supposed to have a vintage feel.
    ADOX 100 is a normal panchromatic film; you want ADOX 25 or 50 for the reduced red sensitivity.

But if you have a film with less red sensitivity, you will have greater subject contrast, because anything that is remotely pink on their skin will look dark.

That said, ADOX 100 could be interesting, but it's a bit coarse-grained for a 100 film. If you're willing to go C41, XP2 Super would be your absolute best bet for midtones. In silver gelatin, I would go with Tri-X 400, Neopan 400, FP4+, Delta 400, or even TMAX/Delta 3200.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks to everyone for your input.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin