Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,478   Online: 862

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree that it may just a name given to any 100 speed film, the development times for the film I bought seem to match Forma as well, have you check the recommened times to see if there is a match for Lucky?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PDH View Post
    I agree that it may just a name given to any 100 speed film, the development times for the film I bought seem to match Forma as well, have you check the recommened times to see if there is a match for Lucky?
    I checked the times for Ultrafine Plus 100, and they don't match with Lucky. But I can't think of any other film it might be. The film I'm using can't be Foma, the base is almost completely clear, no blue tint. It can't be Shanghai GP3 because it doesn't have an anti-halation layer on the base side of the film. Lucky is the only film that has the same basic characteristics. The times didn't match, but I had to use two different charts. Different charts might have different times for the same film and developer combination.
    Happiness is a load of bulk chemicals, a handful of recipes, a brick of film and a box of paper. - desertrat

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat View Post
    I checked the times for Ultrafine Plus 100, and they don't match with Lucky. But I can't think of any other film it might be. The film I'm using can't be Foma, the base is almost completely clear, no blue tint. It can't be Shanghai GP3 because it doesn't have an anti-halation layer on the base side of the film. Lucky is the only film that has the same basic characteristics. The times didn't match, but I had to use two different charts. Different charts might have different times for the same film and developer combination.

I did check out times and neither Lucky or Foma match.

Personally, I use HC-110 dil. B 10 min at 20C and the results are just fine. This time dev. isn't even recommanded by Ultrafin Online.

Amazing.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I am pretty sure the Ultrafine Plus 100 120 stuff is or at least was Fomapan - the rolls I bought a few months ago have the same bluish base and seem to perform the same. I just bought 100 more rolls of the 120 format stuff because when it's gone, it's probably gone - at least at current prices. Per the comment above, though, if more recent rolls lack the bluish base, then perhaps they have changed what it is.

The last roll I shot was a bit contrasty - I think next time I will shoot at 80 or even 64 ASA and slightly underdevelop and see what happens. For 100 ASA it has a bit more grain than one might expect, but it is very pleasing, rather "old school."

It will be interesting to see if the new rolls when I receive them have the bluish base or not.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin