Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,745   Online: 873

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rodinal 1+100 for 10-11 minutes should do the trick (agitating 1/minute)
    It gives you pictorial quality on the EFKE25 films

this from fotoimpex:
    ADOX APH09 1+40: 4-6 Minuten
    ADOX ATM49 Stammlösung: 6 Minuten
    Rodinal 1+50: 4-6 Minuten
    D76 Stammlösung: 6 Minuten
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hello, I just received some sheets of this film (PL 25 ORT). For some reason it says on the package "open only in total darkness". I believe this film can be loaded into holders and processed under red safelighting, since it is orthochromatic. I assume that statement is just a generic warning since their packaging is probably the same for all their products within a given size? Just wondering if I should be concerned. Thanks for any insights.

Karl

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl A View Post
    Hello, I just received some sheets of this film (PL 25 ORT). For some reason it says on the package "open only in total darkness". I believe this film can be loaded into holders and processed under red safelighting, since it is orthochromatic. I assume that statement is just a generic warning since their packaging is probably the same for all their products within a given size? Just wondering if I should be concerned. Thanks for any insights.

Karl
    I would follow the instructions and open in total darkness. Take one sheet out and expose it to a safelight to see what happens.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Pretty serious thread resurrection here. I expect that the film *should* be safe under a safelight and the "total darkness" is just generic boilerplate, but it seems like free insurance to do a test with one sheet first.

I didn't realize this was the same film as the Maco/Rollei ORT25. Wonderful stuff---I liked it in Diafine, where it showed high (but still pictorial) contrast with a nice long shoulder due to the compensation. I'm not sure what it was intended for, but it made a great high-key landscape film.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I will test a sheet to be sure, thanks. I will process two identical sheets, one in darkness, the other under safelighting.

With regard to the Rollei film, I am pretty sure it is not Efke film. I believe it is rebadged Agfa document film. For that reason, the stopping of production of Efke films should have no impact on Rollei films. At least that is my understanding. Possibly at some time in the past it was different?

Adox, on the other hand, was previously selling a rebadged version of Ekfe 25 ORT when it was still being produced, and that Adox product is now discontinued.

Karl

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I tested a sheet, it is fine under red safelighting. One thing I forgot, though, is this film doesn't like a conventional stop bath, it can cause pinholes, which it seems to have done. Will just use water after developer next time. It is generally a fairly fragile film which needs to be processed gently. I did use a hardening fixer however (Kodafix).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin